Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Buyer’s Premium – 16% (online bidding charges also apply). Please note : We are not VAT registered.
Buyers Premium is subject to an additional 3% (19% in total) if bidding via uktoyauctions.com (auctions.uktoyauctions.com) or through EasyLiveAuction.com, who alternatively offer a flat fee registration charge of £3.00 per auction, and the buyers premium will be 16% - this flat fee option is only available through Easyliveauction.com website.
Please Note : WE DO NOT ACCEPT CARD PAYMENTS FROM OUTSIDE THE UK.
Acceptable forms of Payment For Goods Bought at Auction
BANK TRANSFER, DEBIT or CREDIT CARD, CASH and CHEQUES by prior arrangement. To pay by card, please call the office on 01270 652773
PLEASE NOTE : Cheques which are post-dated or written by a third party will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to hold goods until a cheque is cleared.
CONDITION AND CLASSIFICATION OF MODELS AND BOXES
It is stressed that buyers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of any item or lot by careful examination prior to the sale. For live webcast sales, condition reports are available up to 24 hours before the sale.
In order to assist U.K. Toy & Model Auctions Ltd. the following Condition Classifications have been devised and only represent an opinion. No warranty is implied or intended by the provision of this information.
• MINT – Item is as new but may have minor marks or minor imperfections from manufacture
• NEAR MINT – Item shows minor signs of use
• EXCELLENT – Item shows signs of use such as small nicks or chips
• GOOD - Obvious imperfections, with more use
• FAIR - Major imperfections with heavy signs of wear
• POOR - Many faults or in a distressed condition
• PLUS (+) after a classification is better than the classification suggests
• VARIOUS CONDITIONS (a combination of any two, or more, of the above)
• PLAYWORN, SUITABLE FOR RENOVATION etc. are also terms which may be used where appropriate.
• BOXES are described in the same Condition Classification. For example, after describing a Lot the Classification MINT/BOX GOOD will indicate the item is in as new condition but the box has obvious imperfections.
• For guidance purposes only we have included an estimated price against each lot. This is only our opinion of what each lot may realise.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. GENERAL. Every Lot is sold with all faults and errors of description and the auctioneers disclaim, for themselves and for the vendor, all responsibility for authenticity, age, origin, condition or quality. All statements on such matters whether printed in the Catalogue or made orally are statements of opinion and not representations of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves on authenticity, condition, etc., before bidding and no-one in the Auctioneers' employment has authority to make any representation of fact.
2. BIDDING. The Auctioneer has absolute discretion to divide any Lot, to combine any two or more Lots, to withdraw any lots, to refuse bids and to regulate the bidding. He may bid on the vendor's behalf for all goods which are being offered subject to reserve or at the Auctioneers' discretion.
3. FALL OF HAMMER. The highest bidder shall be the buyer. If any dispute arises the Auctioneer has absolute discretion to settle the dispute or to re-offer the Lot. At the fall of the hammer every Lot shall be at the risk of the buyer and the purchaser shall give to the Auctioneer his name and address and such proportion of the purchase price as the Auctioneer may require, in default of which the Auctioneer may re-offer and re-sell the Lot or Lots in question.
4. a) CLEARANCE OF PURCHASES – Online sales. All lots shall be paid for and removed at the buyer's risk and expense at the end of the Sale, failing which the Auctioneers shall not be responsible if the same are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. Invoices are to be settled within fourteen days of the Sale or the Auctioneers may re-sell them by auction or privately without notice to the buyer. Any liability which there may be on the part of the Auctioneers in respect of any loss shall be restricted to a maximum of the price paid by the purchaser of the Lot.
b) CLEARANCE OF PURCHASES – Room sales. Purchases may be claimed or removed before the Sale has been concluded, by seeking the assistance of a member of staff. All lots shall be paid for and removed at the buyer's risk and expense at the end of the Sale, failing which the Auctioneers shall not be responsible if the same are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, and all Lots not so removed shall remain at the risk of the buyer and subject to a warehousing charge of £1.00 per Lot per day. If they are not removed within seven days of the Sale the Auctioneers may re-sell them by auction or privately without notice to the buyer. Any liability which there may be on the part of the Auctioneers in respect of any loss shall be restricted to a maximum of the price paid by the purchaser of the Lot.
5. AGENCY AND GENERAL. The Auctioneers act as agents only and they disclaim responsibility for default by either buyer or seller. They accept no responsibility in connection with the commissioning of members of their staff to bid for Lots on behalf of intending purchasers. Instructions given by telephone are accepted at the sender's risk and must be confirmed in writing forthwith. The Auctioneers do not guarantee the title of any Lot or lots sold by them and will not be responsible for any defect in such title.
6. DEFAULTS. If any buyer fails to comply with any of the above conditions the damages recoverable from the defaulter shall include all loss arising from any re-sale of the Lot together with the charges and expenses in respect of both sales and any money deposited in part payment shall be held by the Auctioneers against the defaulter's liability.
7. THIRD PARTY LIABILITY. Every person on the Auctioneers premises or premises hired by the Auctioneers for such an Auction at any time shall be deemed to be there at his own risk and with notice of the condition of the premises and of the method of arranging furniture, etc. He shall have no claim against the Auctioneers in respect of any injury he may sustain or any accident which may occur.
8. Viewers handling goods on display will be held fully responsible for any damage or breakage.
9. Online Bidding: UK Toy & Model Auctions Ltd offer an online bidding service via EasyLiveAuction.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on easyLiveAuction.com and providing your card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with UK Toy & Model Auctions Ltd you: 1. authorise UK Toy & Model Auctions Ltd, if they so wish, to charge the card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via easyliveauction.com, and 2. confirm that you are authorised to provide these card details to UK Toy & Model Auctions Ltd through easyliveauction.com and agree that UK Toy & Model Auctions Ltd are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale. Please note that any lots purchased via easyliveauction.com will be subject to an additional commission charge.